UEFA has released the full list of the top ten players for the 2017-18 season who were on the list for the Men’s Player of the Year award.
On Thursday, Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric won the award after helping Real Madrid to their third successive European Cup against Liverpool in May, including guarding his country Croatia to the final tournament of 2018 World Cup in Russia, which saw them came second.
The Croatian won the award with 313 points, comfortably seeing of Cristiano Ronaldo and Mohamed Salah who earned 223 and 134 respectively. While regular contender Lionel Messi could only manage fifth in the standings with 55 points.
See the full list below.
1. Luka Modric (Real Madrid & Croatia) – 313 points
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus/Real Madrid & Portugal) – 223 points
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool & Egypt) – 134 points
4. Antoine Griezmann (Atlético & France) – 72 points
5. Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina) – 55 points
6. Kylian Mbappé (Paris & France) – 43 points
7. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City & Belgium) – 28 points
8. Raphael Varane (Real Madrid & France) – 23 points
9. Eden Hazard (Chelsea & Belgium) – 15 points
10. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid & Spain) – 12 points